Wednesday, January 2, 2013

50. A New Year

Tonight, for my fiftieth post (wow!), I am nurturing my gratitude for a new year. I love the energy that a new year brings, really, it's just another day, but the meaning we attribute to it makes a whole lotta difference. Yesterday, I felt reenergized, reinvigorated to start afresh, to start anew, even though I can feel that every day, the psychological affect of it being a new year was different. I've been hearing about how resolutions only last a few weeks and then die out, however, it's nice to be able to feel encouraged about renewing, starting, or affirming resolutions once a year. As I understand it, it takes about 20 relapses before a smoker can successfully quit smoking, so perhaps with 20 resolutions, change will finally stick beyond the few weeks' measure? Yes, twenty years is a long time, but a lifetime of no change is even longer...

So, here's to a new year and to one step being closer to change, which in my case, is losing 25 pounds, being physically active, eating healthy, and in reasonable portions...

No comments:

Post a Comment