Tuesday, April 12, 2011

12. Cherry Blossoms

Today I am nurturing my gratitude for cherry blossom trees...

These trees are a wonderful sign of spring bursting forth. I had totally forgotten about one of the best things about spring in Vancouver (since I typically associate Vancouver springs with my seasonal allergy) until yesterday, when I walked out of the  Burrard SkyTrain Station, to be pleasantly greeted by a row of cherry blossoms, in all their pink glory. Cherry blossoms, on a perfect sunny day with blue skies, can make one truly feel like heaven is on earth.

So I spent a very sleep-deprived afternoon, roaming around the city, enjoying every cherry blossom tree that crossed my path, feeling reinvigorated and reflective at the same time.

Thank you cherry blossoms, and nature, for nurturing my soul.

Pictures to follow, in the meantime, check out Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment