Wednesday, July 25, 2012

21. My Pregnancy

So, it has been over a year since I last nurtured my gratitude in the blogosphere, although I've been nurturing gratitude for the little things in life in my head...the last year has just been such a wonderful year for me, and the joyride continues. I got pregnant with my first child, who is now five months old.

Being pregnant and continuing along that journey has been one of the most gratifying experiences in my life this far, it has given me a sense of contentment that I had only dreamed of before, having a life grow inside of me, feeling his first flutter-like kicks, that gradually grew more pronounced. Not to mention the amazing skin (best skin I've had in my adult years :) I rocked throughout, thanks to pregnancy hormones. The transformation was simply amazing from a biological standpoint (yes, this is where the bio / health science nerd in me comes out), my body went through so many changes, and was so in sync with my growing baby, I mean we pregnant ladies are pretty lucky to be able to undergo such changes in adulthood.

Though I make it sound like I had the most smooth-sailing, glorious pregnancy, I did not. First trimester came with an overwhelming sense of exhaustion that really had me worried, and third trimester had its own set of challenges (one, for instance, was that I never thought how difficult it can be to roll from one side to another...) And of course, how one feels about being pregnant is also a state of mind that depends on a myriad of factors - I was at a point in my life where I was both emotionally and financially ready to have children, and so the pregnancy-related challenges were easier to cope with. And in hindsight, it was nice to have weeks where I was able to just lie in bed and read book after book, 'coz time for reading leisure books is hard to come by these days!


No comments:

Post a Comment