Sunday, July 29, 2012

25. Apricot Trees

One of the great things about summer is the abundance of fruit trees in my neighbourhood. Earlier in the summer, I got to see cherries ripen, and now I get to see beautiful, bright apricots fill up the green in trees. Yesterday, I saw a couple of little boys picking apricots, how sweet! Apricot trees have been making me smile for the past couple of years, and it's one of the things I look forward to on my walks. Last year, as I was transitioning through my pregnancy, I would talk to my unborn child about the beauty of nature, in the form of these happy, feel good fruit trees. So now everytime I walk past apricot trees while pushing the stroller with my son, I am reminded of the wonderful times I spent walking with him in utero.

Thank you, apricot trees, for the wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment